Mountains – KZN
The mountain regions of KZN are becoming more and more popular as a destination for dog friendly getaways.
Drakensberg is currently one of our most popular regions to stay with your dogs.
These are some of the hikes you can look forward to while staying in KZN's mountain regions.
Dog Friendly Hiking Trails
- Alfred Park - a dog-friendly nature reserve with a swamp forest and grasslands in New Germany, Durban.
- Glenholme Nature Reserve - head west from Durban towards Kloof to find this reserve filled with grasslands, a small stream and a swamp forest. Your dog will love it!
- Lake Naverone at the Umzimkulu River Lodge have their own hike trails however you need to stay on their premises to utilize the trails. ( Good thing we have two of their Getaways listed! Stay at Mangrove Cottage or Pied Cottage)
- Giant Cup trail at Sani Pass Backpackers Lodge,
- Kenmo Lake, Underberg which is a beautiful picnic area and you can take leisurely strolls around the lake.