Beaches – WC
Could there be any better way to let your dogs express their freedom than a day at the beach?
Carefree running, digging and playing in the waves, and lucky for us, our dogs don’t really care about the temperature of the ocean for them to enjoy it to their full extent.
Beachside accommodations range from establishments close to or sometimes even on the beach. It depends on your dogs and also the kind of weekend you’d like away.
Some of our favourite destinations include: Yzerfontein, Langebaan, Knysna
|Out & About||Beachside establishments have been a lot more open to receiving four legged friends and the yare growing in number, a great thing for us! Sadly, not many beaches are open to allowing dogs around South Africa. Those that do either have off-leash sections for them to run free, or small sections where dogs may enjoy the open air on a leash.|
Besides enjoy the beach itself, and what more do you really need when at such a pristine location where you can play ball, run endlessly, surf the waves or swim in the ocean, beaches that are dog friendly often have accompanying restaurants where you and your furry-friend can enjoy a beverage or a snack after a workout.
If you and your pooch love the beach, these are our top locations to visit:
Our Top Pet Friendly Beaches
- Poortjies Lagoon Area, Plettenberg Bay
- Brenton-On-Sea and Buffelsbaai, Knysna
- Yzerfontein beach
- Elands Bay
- Langebaan on Club Mykonos side
- Cifton 1st Beach, Cape Town
- Long Beach in Simon’s Town
- Kommetjie’s Long Beach
Pet Friendly Restaurants close to Beaches
- The Twelve Apostles, Cape Town - Dogs below knee height are allowed to dine with you, and even have their own little menu to choose from!
- Ons Huisie, Blouberg - Dogs are usually allowed at the tables outside in the courtyard.
- Cafe Caprice, Camps Bay - Dogs are allowed at the outside tables.
- Castella Amare, Melkbos - Dogs are allowed at the outside tables. We like this as there is a nice winding walkway next to the beach which is great for walking them between courses, or prior or after enjoying a meal at the restaurant.
- Massimo’s, Hout Bay - One of the best pizza restaurants in the City, and if you order a special pizza, a small donation is also made to DARG.